Often this is a corrupt or bloated toolbar file. A *normal* size is < 30 kb. The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.
You can try the following:
Do a search for .xlb in windows
Rename the file you find, e.g. rename the .xlb to .bac (my file is named Excel10.xlb in 2002, Excel11.xlb in 2003)
If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others this file is important (backup it so you can restore it)
Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system, Excel will automaticly create a new one for you.
(However you lost your customization remember that)
I've got reported back from several people that this did the trick
Error upon install
"ERROR# - 2147467259 Method 'OnAction' of object CommandBarButton failed assign a procedure to this menu item-line"
If you get the error message upon install it might help to just click away the error, close excel, restart en then add ASAP Utilities as add-in:
- Run Microsoft Excel
- On the tools menu, choose Add-Ins.
- Use the "Browse..." button to locate the ASAP Utilities.xla file (default is C:\Program Files\ASAP Utilities\)
- If Excel asks you to copy the file to the library folder, answer "no".
- Check the "ASAP Utilities" check box.
- Next to "Help" in the menu, there is an option called "ASAP Utilities".