Yestday Graham (UK) asked me the following question:
I tried to re-name the ASAP directory to avoid getting it confused with another directory used by Windows XP.
I re-installed your program to another directory but now find Excel still looks for the old directory.
How do I prevent Excel from looking for a now non-existent directory?
Many thanks for a good program.
To solve this I emailed him to do the the following which work perfectly if you want to change the location of you ASAP Utilities installation:
- When you now start Excel you get the error. Just click okay, and in the menu goto Tools » Add-ins.
- Uncheck the box thex to ASAP Utilities. Excel askes you to remove ASAP from the list, answer yes.
- Now close Excel and restart, we're going the add ASAP again, from the new location:
- On the tools menu, choose Add-Ins.
- Use the "Browse..." button to locate the ASAP Utilities.xla file (in the new folder)
- If Excel askes you to copy the file to the library folder, answer "no".
- Check the "ASAP Utilities" checkbox.
- ASAP Utilities is now available again. Have fun!